You can do your part to eliminate false alarms by following these simple steps:
Test your system. You can test your system by following these simple
- Let us know if any of your contact phone number change including your premise phone.
your cell number changed? Has your neighbor moved? Has a work number changed? Has an area code change? Notify us of any changes
in your emergency contact list.
- Memorize your password. We may ask for it if we call
about an alarm.
- Call our 24-hour central station and announce that you would like
to place your system on test. Be prepared to provide them with your central station account number and
- Activate your alarm like an actual emergency by opening a protected door, pressing your panic or hold-up buttons,
- Allow your sirens (if an audible alarm) to sound for approximately one minute and then shut off your system.
- Call the central station and announce that you are calling to check test results. The central
station operator will describe the signals received.
- Ask the operator to take the system off test.
Have your Phones been serviced?
test you system after your telephone system is serviced. On some systems, phone technicians can accidentally
disable your central station communication. Other god times to test include after a severe lightening storm,
before going on an extended vacation and after installing a new Internet connections including DSL or Voice Over IP. Don’t
talk to telemarketers!
¨ What sounds like a telemarketer could actually be a burglar seeking
information on his or her next victim?
Refer your friends,
neighbors and associates!
¨ Did you know that a significant percentage of our new business comes
from referrals? If you’ve been satisfied with our service, please refer someone to us.
Give us a call for more information about our referral program. Thank Your support!
sincerely appreciate your business. We will work hard to earn your business and you support.